"Milan" is a 100% Volunteer driven, non-profit, 501 (C)(3) association of people from India living in United States with chapters and membership across the United States of America pursuing participative mission of sharing and caring the cultural, social, civic and economic issues of United States of America and the Indians based in America.
"Milan" in Indian language meaning ?meeting for a good cause? represents the hopes and aspirations of the Indian community which is united by its common bond of traditional art and heritage of India and American commitment in the institution of American democracy that enables our society to flourish, and encompassing a wealth of cultures, diversity, histories and traditions of indigenous and all other communities in America.
"Milan" participates by emphasizing and exploring mainstream?s socio-cultural identities and systems in order to build bridges of mutual understanding, Interest and trust.
- To build the bridge of trust and mutual appreciation of diversity of culture and heritage and foster cultural harmony in the community
- To promote civic and social engagement and integrate seamlessly with wider society
- To serve as a voice for Indian American community and its unique needs at regional and state level
- Committing to preserve the best values of both, Indian and American?? culture and heritage and other related matters important to the Indian community through education, awareness, involvement and sponsorship of performing arts to help us grow into better human beings, good citizens and responsible contributors to the advancement of USA our country we live in.
- Encouraging self-discovery and exploration of the relevance of diversity in all its forms, "Milan" supports schools, universities and cultural institutions, towns and state by Cultivating relationships and collaborative partnerships with surrounding individuals, communities and institutions of different cultural backgrounds.
- Promoting respect and appreciative cultural diversity of various ethnic heritage by acquiring attitude, skills and knowledge to function in various cultures to eliminates racism and discrimination to achieve social, economic and educational equity.